The Oxford dictionary defines a loft as traditionally an attic or room over a stable. Art Loft Studio is a small building which sits firmly on the ground and is situated in paradise. It was a haven for another artist before me and was moved to its current location where it now serves as a studio and gallery to welcome visitors.
- National PANZ Exhibition Stratford March 2019
- Mercury Bay Art Escape Coromandel Peninsula 2011 – 2019
- Adams Awards Finalist, New Zealand Portrait Gallery 2010, 2012, 2018
- National PANZ Exhibition Morrinsville 2018
- National PANZ Exhibition Mapua 2016
- National PANZ Exhibition Auckland 2013
- Auckland East Arts Society – Doreen Bawden Portrait Award 2005
- Fishers Fine Arts Auckland 2004
- Upstairs Gallery of Fine Arts Whitianga
- Signal Gallery Waitakere, Auckland
- Mairangi Bay Arts Centre Auckland
- Kings College Sale of Fine Art Auckland
- The Church Hahei
- Onehunga Community Centre Auckland
I have been painting and drawing portraits for as long as I can remember, and this eventually became a vocation after an extensive career in the publishing field as a Graphic Designer. I believe that my previous work as a designer has contributed greatly to my appreciation of balance and detail in my current work.
I worked for many years from my home studio in Auckland and began to specialise in portraits of children when my own son was small. My portraits now incorporate many adults and I find bringing a person’s best qualities and those significant years of life into the work is especially satisfying.
While continuing to undertake commission portraits I also explore new ways of reflecting my coastal environment. I now live on the Coromandel Peninsula surrounded by beautiful scenery and beaches where I can take advantage of the infinite inspiration on my doorstep.
I am a long-time member of the Mercury Bay Art Escape group and PANZ (Pastel Artists of New Zealand). If you are travelling to the Coromandel I would be delighted to meet you and share with you my current projects. You can find details on the Contact page to phone and arrange a visit.