You don’t make a picture with just pastel and paper or paint and paintbrush. You bring to the act of painting everything you have seen, all of the places you have been, the faces you have studied, the books you have read, the music you have heard, the people you have had the opportunity to know and learn from.
- National PANZ Exhibition Mapua 2016
- Mercury Bay Art Escape Coromandel Peninsula 2011 – 2016
- Adams Awards Finalist New Zealand Portrait Gallery, Wellington 2010, 2012
- National PANZ Exhibition Auckland 2013
- Auckland East Arts Society – Doreen Bawden Portrait Award 2005
- Fishers Fine Arts Auckland 2004
- Upstairs Gallery of Fine Arts Whitianga
- Signal Gallery Waitakere, Auckland
- Mairangi Bay Arts Centre Auckland
- Kings College Sale of Fine Art Auckland
- The Church Hahei
- Onehunga Community Centre Auckland
Like many artists, discovering art as a primary interest happened at an early age at school. I went on to train in Graphic Design and subsequently had an extensive career as a Graphic Designer in the publishing field before becoming a full-time portrait artist in 2001.
I believe that my initial work as a designer contributed greatly to my appreciation of balance and detail as important elements in my current work.
For many years I worked from my home studio in Auckland and specialised in portraits of children. It has always been my dream to live near the sea and I now live on the Coromandel Peninsula surrounded by beautiful scenery and beaches where I can take advantage of the infinite inspiration on my doorstep. While continuing to make commission portraits of interesting faces I also plan to explore new ways of reflecting our unique environment here in Aoteroa.
I am a long-time member of the Mercury Bay Art Escape group and PANZ (Pastel Artists of New Zealand). If you are travelling to the Coromandel and interested in visiting my studio, I would be delighted to meet you and share with you my current projects.
Thank you for visiting my site.